Give it Twice Trust - Helping Children and Charity
You may be looking for a way to provide your children with income while making a gift to Scripps Health. The Give it Twice Trust is a popular option that allows you to transfer your IRA at death to a term of years unitrust. The unitrust will pay income to your family for a number of years and then distribute the balance to charity.
Benefits of a Give it Twice Trust
- Full value of IRA invested to produce income.
- Provide income to family for a term of years.
- Save on income taxes and estate taxes.
- Supports the work of Scripps Health!
How a Give it Twice Trust Works
- After your death, your IRA is transferred to a testamentary charitable remainder unitrust.
- The unitrust pays a percentage of trust assests to your family each year throughout the trust term.
- After the trust term is over, remaining assets benefit the work of Scripps Health.